• FOS Historie 05
  • FOS Historie 07
  • FOS Historie 23
  • FOS Historie 06
  • FOS Historie 29
  • FOS Historie 26
  • FOS Historie 22
  • FOS Historie 28
  • FOS Historie 10
  • FOS Historie 04
  • FOS Historie 19
  • FOS Historie 08
  • FOS Historie 12
  • FOS Historie 13
  • FOS Historie 18
  • FOS Historie 09
  • FOS Historie 01
  • FOS Historie 25
  • FOS Historie 20
  • FOS Historie 16
  • FOS Historie 02
  • FOS Historie 31
  • FOS Historie 24
  • FOS Historie 30
  • FOS Historie 14
  • FOS Historie 27
  • FOS Historie 11
  • FOS Historie 03

Our history

FOS is a family-run business in its fifth generation

The company Wilhelm Lüling was founded in Altena-Dahle by Friedrich Ossenberg-Schule. The small town surrounding the medieval Altena Castle was shaped by the metal and wire industry as early as the 14th century. The beginnings of the metal processing company were quite modest. Shoemaker tools and metal household goods were manufactured. The founder Friedrich Ossenberg-Schule was a blacksmith and his family worked hard to make a living. The industrial depression was particularly depriving. During the Second World War, production continued to be very limited.

After the war, the company specialized into producing roof, ridge and facade clips. Due to innovative product design, various patents were filed. Modern concrete construction and new technical regulations in Germany brought a particular boost in 2011. In the recent decades company headquarters and the production plants have been constantly expanding, the workforce has grown to currently 90 employees.

Due to the commitment of management and staff, a small start-up developed into a well-positioned, internationally active company. The company's history is shaped by the people who have worked and are currently working at FOS.

Friedrich Ossenberg-Schule GmbH + Co KG is a family-run business in its fifth generation. The modesty of the former shareholders and their Christian involvement are seen as model behaviour. The current generation also lives and acts according to these values.
2015

25th anniversary subsidiary Saxony.

2012

Relocation from Altena-Dahle to the newly constructed production and administration building in Hemer-Deilinghofen. Renamed Friedrich Ossenberg School GmbH + Co KG.

2011

Change of trade regulations in Germany, storm protection on pitched roofs is now required by law.

2009

100th company anniversary.

2007

Jan Kaemper, the son of Eberhard Kaemper, takes over the management from his father. The workforce has grown to 50 employees.

In the middle of the 90s

Extending the sales area to foreign-language countries in Europe.

1994

Founding of the Ossenberg-Schule Administration Company GmbH and subsequent renaming of the company.

1993

Saxony: the Auerbach plant is relocated to the newly constructed production facility in Treuen.

1990

Foundation of a new production facility in Vogtland, Saxony. For this purpose a building in Auerbach was acquired.

1988

Eberhard Kaemper takes over the management from his father-in-law Kurt-Heinz Kaemper.

In the middle of the 70s

Expansion of sales to German-speaking countries in Europe.

1968

The son of Albert Ossenberg-Schule, Kurt-Heinz Ossenberg-Schule, accepts the position of general manager.

1960

Founding of Limited partnership Friedrich Ossenberg-Schule & Söhne KG.

1938

Founding of a General partnership Fr. Ossenberg-Schule & Söhne.

1933

Death of the founder Friedrich Ossenberg Schule.

1925

Founding of the Friedrich Ossenberg-Schule & Sons, metal trading company with limited liability. Expansion of the product range to include storm brackets for the roofing trade, which form the main focus of production and sales today.

1918

Range was expanded to produce mattress chains due to the high demand for mattress parts and accessories after the end of the war. Friedrich Ossenberg-Schule hands over the company to his five sons. Son Albert Ossenberg-Schule takes over the company reigns.

1914

During the First World War production of army articles. Conversion of the company to electric power.

1909

Founding of the company Wilhelm Lüling successor owner Fr. Ossenberg-Schule in Altena-Dahle by the blacksmith Friedrich Ossenberg-Schule. His family and ancestors also had a history working as wiredrawers and blacksmiths. The machinery park consisted of three small bending machines that were powered by a 2-horsepower petrol engine. Typically manufactured goods included shoemaker tools, mass-produced wire articles, simple metal household items and toys.